PD Active Weekly Activity Programs
We are delighted to offer a range of weekly classes Tuesday through Friday held live on Zoom. Attend a class (or two!) for exercise and an opportunity to see and visit with the instructors and other attendees.
- Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery (PWR), Tuesday-11:00am at this link, and Friday at 2pm at this link
- Move and Groove (Chair Yoga/PWR!Moves), Tuesday-12:30pm at this link
- PD Active Communication Workshop, Tuesday-1:30pm at this link
- Yoga for PD, Wednesday-1:00pm, contact Vickie Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pilates for PD, Thursday-noon at this link
- Mindfulness Meditation, Thursday-1pm at this link (same link for Pilates and Meditation)
- Tai Chi for PD, Friday-noon at this link
- Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery (PWR), Friday at 2pm at this link
Class Fees range from a suggested donation of $10-$15. Payments for most classes are made to the teacher by check or PayPal. You will receive the details upon registration.
If you are trying a new class for the first time, it will be free!
Additional live-stream classes such as boxing, yoga and singing are listed on the PD Active Calendar.
Recordings of past PD Active live-stream classes, Round Tables and Speaker Forums are available here.
In-Person Activities Beginning in April
New – PD Pickleball
WHEN: 2nd Thursday of the month 2pm-3pm
WHERE: Bushrod Park, 560 59th Street, Oakland – at tennis courts
Masks are required. A waiver must be signed to play.
With Spring on the way, PD Active is excited to offer this in-person, outdoors activity. People with Parkinson (PwP) and their friends and family are welcome to play. While there is no instructor, there will be plenty of friendly PwP to help the newcomers. Equipment is available to borrow if you don’t have your own. The play is free of charge.
Email email@example.com before attending for the first time or call (415) 987-1807
Pickleball is one of the fastest growing sports in the country and, according to The Parkinson’s Foundation, is “outstanding therapy for those diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease”